The Coasters made it eight games unbeaten in the National League North, securing a 3-0 against AFC Telford United at the New Bucks Head.

Fylde left it until the 75th minute to open the scoring when Luke Charman got a well-deserved goal for all his hard work in recent weeks after heading Tom Walker’s cross into the top corner for a 1-0 lead.

That was before he popped up again with his second of the afternoon four minutes later. Following Mo Faal’s header at goal from Walker’s corner, he smashed home to grab himself a brace.

With the game looking done and dusted, Danny Whitehead whipped a corner towards goal, and Joe Young travelled over the line with the ball in his gloves to gift the Coasters a third of the afternoon.

Adam Murray made three changes to the side that secured a 3-1 victory over Curzon Ashton in the last outing, with Joe Rowley, Danny Philliskirk & Luke Charman replacing Connor Barrett, Curtis Weston & Nick Haughton.

Despite the huge difference in league positions between the two sides, Telford came out of the blocks quickly to try and trouble the Coasters.

As Young launched a goal kick upfield, a clever flick-on fell to Montel Gibson just outside the area for him to blast over.

Following Mo Faal’s half chance with a header that went wide, Charman won the ball back in his own half, burst up the pitch and into the area. He flashed a ball across goal for Walker arriving, which evaded him and ran out for a throw.

Fylde were starting to find a little more joy in the final third, and with Jordan Cranston venturing forward under little pressure, he gave Young a tester with a fierce, swerving effort, though after parrying in front of him, he gathered at the second time of asking.

Faal was presented with another opportunity in front of goal when Tom Walker hung a first-time cross up to the back post for the big number 11 to leap and head towards the top corner, only to be denied by a magnificent Young fist.

As the interval approached, the Coasters thought they had the lead when clever footwork from Faal on the edge of the area allowed him to thread a ball to Joe Rowley, with his low-driven effort quickly smothered upon by Young.

Half-Time: AFC Telford United 0-0 AFC Fylde

Straight out and into the action after the break, Charman chased down a loose ball and picked Faal out at the back post with a superb cross. He nodded down for Danny Philliskirk to set himself for a shot goal, but he volleyed wide before Alex Whitmore met Whitehead’s in-swinging corner and flicked inches wide of the post.

However, against the run of play and from a corner, Byron Moore picked up the scraps and let fly with a shot that looked as though it was creeping in until Chris Neal scrambled across his line and tipped around the post magnificently.

Murray’s men would have been wondering how they didn’t take the lead moments later when Walker’s corner was met by Connor Barrett, whose header cannoned off the bar and behind.

In true Coasters style, though, Murray’s men battled on and found the opener through Charman when Walker swung a cross into the area for him to head into the top corner.

Goals sometimes are like buses, and it was certainly that in Charman’s case when Walker’s corner was this time headed at goal by Faal, and after Young initially saved, Charman was the first to react and smash in his and Fylde’s second.

The scoring wasn’t done as far as Whitehead was concerned, and as he thumped a corner directly towards goal, Young somehow managed to travel over his line with the ball in his gloves for a third of the afternoon.

Full-Time: AFC Telford United 0-3 AFC Fylde

AFC Telford United: Young, Livingstone, O’Brien, Ekpolo, Piggott, Nolan, Moore, Rowe, Gibson, Daniels (83’ Salmon), Williams (83’ Blissett).

Unused subs: Bood, Waite.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Obi, Whitmore, Conlan, Rowley (55’ Barrett), Cranston (73’ Ligendza), Philliskirk, Whitehead, Walker (83’ Bird), Charman, Faal.

Unused Subs: Davis, Hatfield.