Physical Activity Officer
AFC Fylde Community Foundation
Director of Community Development (DCD)
Community Development Manager (CDM)
Health and Wellbeing Coordinator (HWC)
Physical Activity Officer (PHO)
Minimum of 40 hours per week
Based in Kirkham but mainly delivering out in the local community.
The AFC Fylde Community Foundation are a specialist Community Enhancement Activity provider, working throughout The Fylde Coast, delivering a range of specialist sports activities to all residents throughout Blackpool Wyre and Fylde. The Foundation, work in an extremely competitive environment, with many competitors all aiming to deliver a range of community enhancement activities within local schools. The Foundation’s development team strive for excellence in all areas of its delivery portfolio, and are looking for a forward thinking, committed and flexible candidate to join its ever expanding workforce.
- The AFC Fylde Community Foundation’s Physical activity officer will be responsible for the day to day delivery of a number of flagship physical education programmes, which are delivered in and around the Fylde Coast.
- This post holder will deliver a range of sporting sessions in local schools, nurseries and higher education settings, enhancing the offer of sporting opportunities for young people and adults throughout Fylde, whilst also educating and supporting teachers in delivering best practice procedures to up skill and inspire all to get involved in quality PE delivery within schools/higher education settings.
- The post holder will also have experience of delivery of health initiatives and work closely with The Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing Coordinator, delivering The Foundation’s ‘Get on Board’ Health improvement programme.
- The post holder will have a broad range of experience in delivering high quality sport/ EYFS Curriculum sport and PE provision, whilst also having a good knowledge of health related activity. The post holder must also have a minimum of a level 2 national governing body coaching qualification.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and deliver The AFC Fylde Community Foundation’s specialist school sport and physical activity programme, working in partnership with school settings, delivering high quality PE.
- Deliver quality PE and sport sessions in local nurseries, schools and higher education settings with a range of participants and classes.
- Work closely with the Wyre and Fylde School Sports Partnership, ensuring primary school teachers receive high quality professional development opportunities, supplied by The Foundation.
- Work closely with The Foundation’s Health and Wellbeing Team, delivering a range of public health improvement programmes to a high standard.
- Oversee and deliver holiday activity camps to a high standard.
- Oversee and deliver extra-curricular sessions to an exceptional standard.
The post-holder may be required to:
- Work additional hours to meet the needs of the business
- Attend staff meetings and training as needed.
- Travel to other sites, as needed.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
The post-holder will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT Skills
This person will be:
- A quick learner
- A self motivator
- Hard working
- A team player
The post holder will be expected to:
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times
- Demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
- Value and respect colleagues and other members of staff.
- Work with others to develop and improve our services
- Take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver.
The job description will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the post holder.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter to Tom Hutton on email@example.com