AFC Fylde lost for the first time in 10 National League games as a brace from Josh Koroma inspired Leyton Orient to an impressive 3-1 win over the Coasters at Mill Farm.

The East Londoners were clinical as Koroma’s double added to Bonne’s early strike with Fylde equalising through Danny Rowe.

Fylde made two changes to the side that had beaten Gateshead on Tuesday night with Serhat Tasdemir and Luke Burke replacing Gime Toure and Arlen Birch.

The visitors took the lead just four minutes in. Josh Koroma pushed Jordan Tunnicliffe off the ball and squared for Macauley Bonne to fire past Jay Lynch from 12 yards.

Orient were forced into an early change as Charlie Lee went off injured and was replaced by James Brophy who impressed down the left wing.

The Coasters grew into the game and were level on 20 minutes. Ryan Croasdale found Danny Rowe in space 25 yards out and the prolific frontman made no mistake firing past Brill into the bottom left corner.

New Fylde signing Nick Haughton showed his ability dropping the shoulder and testing Brill from range.

Orient regained the lead just two minutes before the break with a piece of magic from Koroma. The young winger burst through two Fylde defeneders before curling the ball past Lynch into the top right corner to the delight of the near 400
travelling supporters.

Fylde started the second half brighter but it was Orient who would extend their lead. Tunnicliffe misjudged the bounce of the ball and Bonne slipped in Koroma who was allowed to run at goal and wrong foot Lynch with a strike into the near left corner.

Fylde continued to search for a way back into the game but Orient remained disciplined at the back and frustrated the hosts. Brill was forced into a smart save to deny a shot on the turn from Serhat Tasdemir.

Gime Toure and Joe Cardle came on for the Coasters in the final half hour and whilst both had some success down the right side neither could test keeper Dean Brill.

Despite the scoreline and the wind against them, it was the Coasters that were creating many of the chances. The right flank was proving an effective route but despite some excellent deliveries from Burke and then later Cardle, the only real chance came from a Philliskirk header that was put wide of the left post.

Orient continued to frustrate Fylde and could have had a fourth in added time. Koroma unleashing another powerful effort but this time Lynch was able to parry the ball away for a corner.

Fylde slip one place to sixth following Saturday’s defeat and they now have a break in the fixtures with their next game seeing them make the long journey to Essex to face Dagenham & Redbridge on Saturday 17th November.

AFC FYLDE:(4-3-3)
Lynch,Burke (77),Byrne,Tunnicliffe,Francis-Angol,Croasdale,Philliskirk,Bond,Tasdemir (70),Rowe,Haughton
SUBS: Cardle (70),Hemmings,Birch,Toure (77),Brewitt

Brill,Gorman,Coulson,Ekpiteta,Widdowson,McAnuff,Lee (9),Clay,Dayton (80),Bonne,Koroma