Goals from Joe Westley, Ashley Hunter and Jon Ustabasi secured AFC Fylde a 3-1 victory away at York City in the Vanarama National League on Tuesday night.

Westley’s fourth minute opener was cancelled by Will Smith’s equaliser 10 minutes later.

However, strikes from Hunter and Ustabasi in the second-half earned the points for Fylde at the LNER Community Stadium to make it back-to-back wins.

Head Coach Chris Beech named an unchanged side from Saturday’s 4-1 win over Maidenhead United, for the Coasters’ visit to York.

The Coasters started positively, with Connor Barrett’s cross well-claimed by George Sykes-Kenworthy in the home goal.

Fylde were ahead on four minutes when Ustabasi drove down the left to whip an excellent cross into the box for Westley to flick a right-footed effort across goal from close range and into Sykes-Kenworthy’s bottom right-corner.

Ustabasi then saw an effort go narrowly wide after weaving beyond Ryan Fallowfield, whilst Nick Haughton’s free-kick from distance went over the crossbar.

Fylde had some defending to do, with captain Harry Davis and Sam Graham thwarting opportunities from Dan Batty’s effort and Billy Chadwick’s snapshot.

The Minstermen levelled after 14 minutes through Smith, who rose highest in a crowded box from Fin Barnes’ corner to power a header into the left-corner beyond a static Theo Richardson.

Fylde almost immediately restored their advantage, with Danny Ormerod holding off Fallowfield’s challenge to tee up Ustabasi, with his shot in the box beating Sykes-Kenworthy but hitting the post.

Good build-up play from Dipo Akinyemi and Chadwick started a quick breakaway up field, which freed Alex Woodyard to strike side-footed, but Barrett did well to make the block.

Midway through the half, Smith forced Richardson into a stop from Fallowfield’s deep cross.

Just beyond the half-hour, Richardson saved Will Davies’ header following Paddy McLaughlin’s ball from the left.

Towards half-time, Haughton’s free-kick from the edge of the box deflected narrowly past the post.

The resulting corner was sent to the back post, which Davis volleyed back into a dangerous position for Ethan Mitchell to steer at goal, only for York to hurriedly clear.

Seven minutes after half-time, Westley profited from a well-worked Coasters move to aim an effort which was gathered comfortably by Sykes-Kenworthy.

Up the other end, Graham’s superb piece of play prevented Akinyemi from going clear one-on-one with Richardson.

Beech made his first change of the contest on 58 minutes, as Hunter replaced Westley.

And within three minutes of his introduction, Hunter had sent the Coasters back into the lead.

Ustabasi cut inside before passing to Hunter on the left, with the winger’s half-volley flying into Sykes-Kenworthy’s top-right corner.

Bryce Hossanah was Fylde’s next substitution with 25 minutes left, coming on for Barrett.

Ustabasi had a chance for the Coasters, running onto Haughton’s pass but his shot was straight at Sykes-Kenworthy.

Minutes later, Hossanah did well to throw himself in the way of Smith’s header from Batty’s set-piece.

Having gone close earlier on, Ustabasi did get his goal, and Fylde’s third. The Coasters’ number 19 played a fantastic one-two with Ormerod before driving into the box from the right and dinking right-footed over the York goalkeeper.

Fylde’s third switch came on 77 minutes, with Danny Whitehead sent on for Haughton.

Searching for a late fourth in Yorkshire, Max Conway run from his own half saw him strike narrowly past the post from the edge of the box.

In added time, Richardson saved Chadwick’s free-kick which took a deflection, whilst Sykes-Kenworthy kept out Whitehead, as the Coasters claimed three points on their travels.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Barrett (Hossanah 65) Davis ©, Graham, Conway, Mitchell, Adshead, Ustabasi, Haughton (Whitehead 77), Ormerod, Westley (Hunter 58)

Subs not used: Long, Walker