AFC Fylde suffered a 4-0 defeat away to Boreham Wood at Meadow Park in the Vanarama National League on Saturday afternoon.

Decisive strikes from Kabongo Tshimanga (x2), Ethan Mitchell’s own goal and Matt Robinson saw Fylde defeated on their travels.

Head Coach Chris Beech brought Jon Ustabasi into the Coasters’ starting line-up in place of Ash Hunter.

Fylde were behind after six minutes after Angelo Balanta’s cross into the box from the left was flicked beyond Theo Richardson by Tshimanga and into the bottom right-corner.

The Coasters aimed for an immediate response, with Nick Haughton’s low effort was kept out by home goalkeeper Nathan Ashmore.

Up the other end, Sam Graham was in the right place to make an important block to deny Tshimanga in the box.

The Wood added their second goal on 28 minutes. Robinson’s pass to Erico Sousa who squared a pass into the box which was turned into his own net by Mitchell.

Ustabasi drove forward with possession but was thwarted by an excellent tackle Billy Sass-Davies.

He later saw his volley charged down from Josh Kay’s cross, as Beech’s men pushed to get back into the contest in Hertfordshire.

Robinson scored Boreham Wood’s third of the afternoon with 42 minutes played, striking outside the box which went in off Richardson’s post.

Tom Walker’s cross into the box dropped to Danny Ormerod, but his strike at goal was well-defended.

Ahead of the second-half, Adam Long replaced Connor Barrett for his Coasters debut.

Captain Harry Davis put in a superb sliding challenge to deny Lee Ndlovu’s snapshot.

Haughton clipped a smart ball forward for Ustabasi to chase onto, but Ashmore was out quickly to punt it into the stand.

Sass-Davies then glanced his header off target for Boreham Wood from Sousa’s cross.

Ustabasi was involved in the play again nine minutes into the half, surging down the right to whip in a cross which was cleared.

Beech made a double change on 69 minutes, with Hunter and Joe Westley coming on in place of Ormerod and Haughton.

The Coasters’ threatened when good build-up play from Davis and Danny Whitehead set Walker free on the left, cutting inside to strike low right-footed at goal which was watched and held by Ashmore.

Fylde had two opportunities in quick succession. Firstly, Graham met Hunter’s set-piece at the back post but couldn’t fully connect with the loose ball, before Ashmore saved Hunter’s free-kick down to his left.

Tshimanga added his second and Boreham Wood’s fourth after 85 minutes, curling a left-footed effort from the edge of the box into Richardson’s top left-corner after a long-ball up-field.

In added time, Hunter’s cross into the box was powered towards goal from Westley’s head which was superbly saved by Ashmore.

Richardson had to push an arrowing strike to safety, prior to Cameron Coxe’s drive thumping off the crossbar, as Fylde were beaten.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Barrett (Long 45), Davis ©, Graham, Mitchell, Whitehead, Walker, Ustabasi, Kay, Haughton (Hunter 69), Ormerod (Westley 69)

Subs not used: Conway, Adshead