The Coasters returned to winning ways against Farsley Celtic after an own goal and two Nick Haughton goals earned a vital three points at Mill Farm.

After a large spell of pressure, Fylde took the lead through Lewis Butroid’s own goal, who directed Ben Tollitt’s cross into the back of the net before Frank Mulhern bagged from the penalty spot on the stroke of half-time.

Though after the game fell quiet in terms of chances in the second half, up stood Nick Haughton, who converted from two dead-ball situations – one from the penalty spot and one from a free-kick.

James Rowe made several changes to his side, which saw Emeka Obi, Stephen Dobbie & Ben Tollitt return to the starting XI, and Doug Taylor come in for his home debut. They replaced Jorome Slew, Luke Joyce, Tom Walker & Harry Davis.

Looking to eradicate last weekend’s defeat, the Coasters came flying out of the blocks and almost had an opener after just 12 minutes.

Jamie Stott & Luke Conlan combined out wide for the left-back to eventually cross into the area where Stephen Dobbie was waiting, but he headed just wide.

Nick Haughton was next to try and find the opener as he fooled several sky-blue shirts to bend an effort towards the bottom corner, which Kyle Trenerry kept out with an outstretched arm.

However, much of Fylde’s good play eventually led to James Rowe’s side going in front when Ben Tollitt whipped a dangerous cross to the back post, where Lewis Butroid, unfortunately for him, turned into his own net.

Fylde’s hearts were in their mouth, though, moments later when Farsley won themselves a free-kick around 20 yards from goal, which substitute Frank Mulhern curled goalwards, only to be denied by an outstanding Chris Neal save.

Aiming to move himself up the goalscoring charts, Haughton had a rasping volley blocked on its way through to goal after connecting sweetly with Tollitt’s cross.

Despite all the Coasters’ good work, Farsley managed to pull one back on the stroke of half-time through Mulhern after he picked himself up from Neal’s foul and converted from the spot.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 1-1 Farsley Celtic

The second half so far was nowhere like the first in terms of chances, but when Taylor was brought down inside the area, Haughton stepped up and slotted the Coasters back in front.

After a Haughton corner was cleared to the feet of Philliskirk out wide, he crossed to Obi in the middle of the area for him to nod into the path of Hatfield, who fired wide from 25 yards out.

Philliskirk, who had worked tirelessly alongside Hatfield in midfield, wanted a goal for his efforts, but as he fizzed a strike off the top of the surface, Trenerry held well in the Farsley net.

When anyone thought the scoring was done, up popped Haughton once again with a free-kick that was bang in Nick Haughton territory, whose curling effort nestled into the corner of the net.

Full-Time: AFC Fylde 3-1 Farsley Celtic

AFC Fylde: Neal, Obi, Stott, Morrison, Tollitt (72’ Walker), Conlan, Philliskirk, Hatfield, Haughton, Dobbie (56’ Osborne), TaylorUnused Subs: Gregson, Joyce, Slew.

Farsley Celtic: Trenerry, Turner, Digie, Clayton, Butroid, Atkinson, Walker (18’ Leroy-Belehouan), Hayhurst, Syers (15’ Spencer), Parkin, Mulhern (80’ Greaves).

Unused subs: Robson, Gratton.