Head of Media (AFC Fylde) – based in Wesham, Preston – £22,000 to £32,000 (depending upon experience)
Do you have a passion for the football industry? Do you want to work at a newly-built state of the art football stadium?
An exciting opportunity to oversea all aspects of media within a football club with serious ambitions of being promoted to the Football League and beyond.
As the Head of Media, you will be charged with raising the profile of AFC Fylde at all levels including but not limited to First Team, Academy and the Community Foundation.
- To produce a bi-monthly newsletter from planning stage through to production. To include written interviews, news articles and features, sourcing and captioning photography, liaising with designers on page layouts, and proof reading before print.
- Organise and help produce all marketing materials for the Mill Farm website and social media, such as interviews, latest reports and marketing, including organisation of filming and editing video content.
- Distribute media releases to media organisations and handle all PR/media organisation queries and requests regarding Mill Farm related matters in a professional manner, liaising with other departments as required.
- Work proactively and reactively with local and national media to positively promote the image of Mill Farm, through press releases and other media.
AFC Fylde/AFC Fylde Community Foundation
- Organise home match day media facilities and accreditation requests from local, national and international media organisations.
- To organise pre-match media interviews/conferences, liaising with the Manager for the availability of both players and Manager for conferences, and distribute invitations to media organisations accordingly.
- Distribute media releases and handle all PR and media organisation queries and requests regarding AFC Fylde related matters in a professional matter, liaising with other departments as required, including the AFC Fylde Academy and AFC Fylde Foundation.
- Organise and produce all materials for the AFC Fylde website and social media, such as interviews, latest reports and marketing, including organisation of filming and editing video content.
- Arrange and take photographs of Matchday Sponsors.
- Facilitate media requests pre and post-match at all away games and produce articles for the website, including team news, match report, and post-match reaction.
- Produce content for the AFC Fylde website, contributing to the credibility of the site by ensuring that it is kept up to date with all of the latest news and making regular contributions to the Club’s Facebook, Twitter accounts and any future social media
- Organise post-match media interviews with the manager and or players and distribute invitations to media organisations accordingly.
- Produce the official match day programme from planning stage through to production. To include written interview, news articles and features, sourcing and captioning photography, liaising with designers on page layouts, conducting interviews with the first team manager and players, and proof reading before print.
- Supply contributions such as player profiles and images to away teams for their match day programmes.
- Liaise with the Community Foundation Manager to raise the profile of the charitable work through attending community events, producing advertising and marketing material specifically attendance of players and management of various events.
- Attend meetings with existing partners and create a wider network of new partners to raise the profile of AFC Fylde Community.
- Produce marketing material supporting all departments ensuring the brand image of AFC Fylde and AFC Fylde Community Foundation and Mill Farm is promoted in an agreed manner.
- To keep up to date, so far as necessary, for the efficient executing of the job, with new procedures and techniques.
- To be conversant with and participate in participate in activities and developments which are relevant to the post.
- To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing the organisation.
- Produce special ‘one-off’ publications in line with customer demand and sales opportunities as required, from planning stage through to production.
- Assist with the production of official DVDs.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required which are commensurate with the post.
- Previous experience in a similar PR or Media role is essential.
- Experience within a football or sports environment is highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing demands.
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to work at all times.
- A natural rapport builder at all levels.
- A passion for or a desire to work in the industry is essential.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration by sending a CV and Cover Letter.