AFC Fylde were defeated 2-1 at home to Wealdstone at Mill Farm in the Vanarama National League on Saturday afternoon.

Dillon De Silva’s early opener sent Wealdstone into a half-time lead.

Nick Haughton levelled for Fylde just before the hour, but Manny Duku proved to be the match-winner with the decisive goal.

Head Coach Chris Beech made two changes from Tuesday night’s point away at Kidderminster Harriers for the visit of Wealdstone, with Connor Barrett and Danny Whitehead replacing Bryce Hossanah and Ethan Mitchell.

The Coasters started on the front foot, as Haughton’s effort after a run from the right was collected by Marcus Dewhurst in the Stones goal.

Fylde threatened again minutes later when Josh Kay drove down the right to deliver a low cross into the box which was cleared to safety by Charlie Barker.

Wealdstone led on nine minutes, with Max Kretzschmar finding De Silva to bend into the far corner beyond Theo Richardson.

Aiming to respond through an equaliser, the Coasters were denied twice in quick succession. Firstly, following good build-up play, Danny Ormerod was thwarted one-on-one by Dewhurst’s sprawling stop before he kept out Kay’s follow-up.

Fylde had some defending to do, with Graham clearing Manny Duku’s cross behind for a corner before the resulting set-piece, which was played out for Sam Bowen to strike, was charged down by a combination of Whitehead and Dan Adshead.

Midway through the half, Kay’s pinpoint cross was guided across goal at the back post by Jon Ustabasi into Haughton’s path, who saw his first-time snapshot blocked by Mason Barrett, with the loose ball dropping to Ormerod, but the Coasters forward shot over the crossbar from close-range.

Following the break, Fylde pushed to level, with Ustabasi beating Kyle Smith for pace down the left, before cutting into the box and bending a right-footed effort wide of Dewhurst’s far post.

Tom Walker then lofted a free-kick into the box, which Coasters skipper Harry Davis flicked on, causing the Wealdstone defence problems as they got the ball out of danger.

Up the other end, a well-worked free-kick played short by Bowen and crossed into the box was headed over by Duku at the back post.

The Coasters levelled on 58 minutes, Barrett’s excellent run from the right saw him tackled in the box, however Haughton pounced on the loose ball to direct his flicked strike past Dewhurst and into the bottom left-corner.

And Kay went close to scoring Fylde’s second, chasing onto a through ball, though he was denied by a strong save by Dewhurst.

David Noble’s side regained their lead on 64 minutes after Duku’s right-footed shot from the edge of the area flew past Richardson and into the top right-corner.

Visiting captain Alex Dyer later thumped the crossbar from 25-yards as Wealdstone went close to scoring a third.

Beech made a double change with 15 minutes to play, as Joe Westley and Ash Hunter were sent on for Ormerod and Walker.

Fylde survived a scare with nine minutes left, after Tarryn Allarakhia’s shot from Mason Barrett’s cross cannoned off Davis before being cleared.

The Coasters’ last change saw Max Conway come on for Barrett on 81 minutes.

Late chances for Fylde came with Hunter’s volley which Dewhurst did well to tip around the post and Adshead’s header straight into the stopper’s grasp after Haughton’s corner.

Richardson had to make good late saves from Sean Adarkwa and Barrett in stoppage time, with the Coasters unable to find an elusive second goal.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Barrett (Conway 81), Davis ©, Graham, Walker (Hunter 75), Adshead, Whitehead, Kay, Ustabasi, Haughton, Ormerod (Westley 75)

Subs not used: Hossanah, Mitchell