AFC Fylde recorded their biggest away win in over two years with a 6-0 thrashing of Maidenhead United at York Road.

The Coasters showed no signs that they had struggled to find the back of the net away from home this season as a first-half Danny Rowe brace was added to after the break by Gime Toure, Serhat Tasdemir, Danny Philliskirk and Andy Bond.

Manager Dave Challinor made one change to the side beaten by Chesterfield in the FA Cup last week giving Gime Toure a start over Ashley Hemmings. New signing Nick Haughton started on the bench.

Fylde asserted their dominance early on and took the lead after just four minutes. Zaine Francis-Angol was allowed space down the left wing and his low cross into the box was met by an unmarked Danny Rowe who fire home from 12 yards.

The Coasters exploited big gaps in the Maidenhead defence and they could have doubled their lead soon after. Joe Cardle curling just wide from the edge of the box and Andy Bond flicking an Arlen Birch cross just wide from 8 yards.

On 25 minutes the hosts were down to 10 men. Ryan Croasdale reacted first to a loose ball but was taken out by a wild challenge from Christian Smith leaving the referee no option but to give the midfielder his marching orders.

The Coasters did double their lead just after the half-hour mark. Gime Toure burst through the middle of the Maidenhead defence before being brought down by a clumsy challenge from Alan Massey resulting in a penalty.

Danny Rowe made no mistake sending Carl Pentney the wrong way from the spot.

The chances kept coming. Joe Cardle skewed a shot wide from 12 yards after Rowe found him unmarked with a cross from the right. Cardle then fired just over the bar two minutes later following some superb passing play and Rowe forced Pentney into an excellent stop to deny him a hat-trick after a powerful effort from the edge of the box.

Ten minutes into the second half it was three. Arlen Birch found Rowe in acres of space and he dummied giving Gime Toure time to run onto the pass and fire past Pentney into the bottom left corner from 12 yards.

Haughton made his debut on the hour mark replacing Cardle and he nearly made an instant impact. A lofted ball from Haughton was headed on by Rowe to Philliskirk. Philliskirk found Toure inside the box but the Frenchman steered his shot just wide of the far right post.

Serhat Tasdemir came on with 20 minutes to go replacing Gime Toure who appeared to pick up a knock. Within five minutes the youngster got himself on the scoresheet receiving the ball from Francis-Angol before turning and curling the ball into the top right corner from 15 yards.

Ashley Hemmings replaced Danny Rowe with 10 minutes to go but there was still more goals to come. Quick, intricate passing bamboozled the Maidenhead defence and Tasdemir fed Philliskirk who squeezed his low shot in between the goalkeeper and the right post to make it five with five minutes to go.

Two minutes later it was six as Andy Bond cut inside past a Maidenhead midfielder and unleashed an unstoppable 25-yard piledriver to put the cherry on top of the cake.

This emphatic victory sees the Coasters remain in sixth place in the National League but just four points behind Leyton Orient at the summit.

The Coasters now have two big home games this week starting with Gateshead on Tuesday night before welcoming table toppers Leyton Orient to Mill Farm on Saturday.

Pentney, Clerima, Massey, Obileye, Steer, Odametey, Smith, Bird (Archer, 59), Comley (Upward, 66), Akintunde (Mulley, 76), Worsfold
Unused subs: Owusu, Alves

Lynch, Francis-Angol, Byrne, Tunnicliffe, Bond, Croasdale, Rowe (Hemmings, 80), Philliskirk, Cardle (Haughton, 60), Birch, Toure (Tasdemir, 70)
Unused subs: Burke, Brewitt