Ben Tollitt produced a match-winning display at Mill Farm on Saturday afternoon, scoring a hat-trick to sink local rivals Chorley and keep The Coasters in amongst the promotion chase.

Nick Chadwick made two changes to the side that started in the reverse fixture at Victory Park on Boxing Day. Jordan Hulme and David Perkins were given the call to replace Jordan Lussey and Junior Mondal.

The Coasters began the game on the front foot, with Jack Sampson heading narrowly over the crossbar with just 45 seconds on the clock following some good work by Luke Conlan.

Chorley midfielder, Will Tomlinson, tried a volley from range moments later, but it failed to trouble Coasters number one, Chris Neal.

It was then Alex Whitmore’s turn to try his luck, seeing a header fly just wide of the mark on ten minutes after wriggling free of his marker from a corner.

A free-flowing Coasters attack on 21 minutes gave Luke Burke the chance to drive an effort from range; his strike stinging the palms of Matt Urwin before being hooked clear by a Magpies defender.

A good block by Chorley skipper, Scott Leather then denied Nathan Shaw. The young Blackpool loanee worked the ball onto his favoured left foot and curled an effort towards the back post, but Leathers outstretched leg helped divert it round the post.

A glorious chance fell the way of Jordan Hulme after 33 minutes. Ben Tollitt’s mazy run created space for Hulme in the penalty area, but his shot from six-yards our was kept out by the impressive Urwin.

With the first-half nearing an end, the home side refused to take their foot off the gas, leading to the opening goal of the game, and it was Ben Tollitt who came up with the goods for Fylde.

Conlan broke forward from left back and slipped the ball across to the winger who cut inside and curled into the bottom corner, taking his tally to 8 for the season.

The home side went in at half time ahead, which was well deserved after their dominant attacking display.

HT: AFC Fylde 1-0 Chorley

It was Conlan – who had been a threat all afternoon – that tested Urwin in the opening exchanges of the second half. The defender, once again, stepped in from the back and fizzed a 30-yard strike just over the bar.

Jack Sampson almost netted his first goal in AFC Fylde colours on the hour mark, but Urwin got down well to hold onto his low drive.

Despite Chorley’s improvements, it was Fylde who doubled their lead on 67 minutes.

Hulme beat the offside trap with a perfectly timed run in behind, before smashing the ball across goal for Philliskirk to tap home.

Chorley refused to lie down, though, as Andy Owens struck the crossbar with a thunderous long-range shot.

Fylde extended their advantage with 15 minutes to go; Ben Tollitt grabbing his second goal of the game.

Tollitt raced onto a through ball from Shaw, took the ball round Urwin and stroked the ball into an empty net.

In the closing stages, Fylde continued to push for more goals. And it was that ruthless mentality that saw them score a fourth from the penalty spot.

Jack Sampson was brought down in the area, giving Tollitt the perfect opportunity to grab his hat-trick.

Tollitt confidently stepped up to send the keeper the wrong way, and round off a fantastic afternoon for him and his side.