AFC Fylde were held to a 2-2 draw by Solihull Moors at Mill Farm in the Vanarama National League on Tuesday night.

Fylde were two up inside 18 minutes through goals from Nick Haughton and Danny Ormerod.

Jack Stevens pulled one back late in the first-half for the visitors prior to Joe Sbarra’s equaliser past the hour mark.

Head Coach Chris Beech made three changes from the Barnet fixture, with Tom Walker, Ormerod and Ashley Hunter coming into the starting line-up.

Former Coasters captain Alex Whitmore started for Andy Whing’s Moors.

Fylde won themselves an early corner, as Haughton’s set-piece was cleared by Whitmore in a crowded box, who beat skipper Harry Davis in the air.

Beech’s men led on six minutes. Haughton’s powerful drive from distance was palmed back into a dangerous position by goalkeeper Nick Hayes, which was superbly kept alive by Ormerod who set up the Coasters’ number 10 to thump a right-footed volley into the top right-corner.

Solihull’s first chance of the game came through Sbarra’s free-kick which curled over Theo Richardson’s crossbar.

The Coasters went close again minutes later. Tom Walker’s corner from the right found Sam Graham at the back post, with his header cleared off the line by Whitmore.

But Fylde did extend their advantage on 18 minutes, with Ormerod profiting from brilliant Coasters build-up play to evade a challenge in the box and slam right-footed high beyond Hayes and into the net.

Midway through the half, a combination of Ethan Mitchell and Davis did well to block and clear Jamey Osbourne’s strike to safety.

With half-time approaching, Solihull swept up field with a swift breakaway, but Stevens’ effort bent off target.

Richardson was then called into action to make two fine saves. Firstly, he thwarted Tyrese Shade from close range before beating away Stevens’ snapshot which flew through a crowd of players.

Solihull halved the deficit after 41 minutes when Stephens fired low past Richardson after an attacking move involving Callum Maycock and Jay Benn.

Pushing for a third before the break, Haughton’s free-kick was met by Mitchell’s looping header which went just over Hayes left upright.

Josh Kay then weaved past Kade Craig on the right to whip in a cross for Ormerod to head wide.

Following the restart, Walker was well-position to calmly win back possession after Maycock’s attempted ball aimed for Tahvon Campbell.

Fylde threatened seven minutes into the half, when Hunter’s neat pass with the outside of his boot for Ormerod to chase onto, but his first-time shot was charged down by James Clarke for a corner.

The resulting corner went over the head of Hayes and was met by Davis, who sliding in at the back post, steered the ball just wide.

Beech made his first substitution just beyond the hour, as Dan Adshead replaced Danny Whitehead.

Solihull levelled after 64 minutes. Osbourne’s pinpoint pass played in an unmarked Sbarra to convert a low finish under Richardson.

Moors had further chances, as Benn’s crossed for Shade, who saw his turn and shot blocked by Davis, whilst Stevens sent a diving header creeping past Richardson’s right-post.

Having substituted on Max Conway in place of Hunter nine minutes earlier, Beech’s final switch came on 81 minutes, when Joe Westley replaced Ormerod.

In an end-to-end finish, Kay hit the crossbar after racing onto a cross and Connor Barrett flashed a strike across goal which went off target.

Fylde went close to winning it late on, when Kay’s pass allowed substitute Westley to drive up the pitch, teeing up Haughton, but his clipped effort was denied – and the Coasters were forced to settle for a point.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Barrett, Davis, Graham, Mitchell, Walker, Whitehead (Adshead 62), Ustabasi, Haughton, Ormerod (Westley 81), Hunter (Conway 74)

Subs not used: Long, O’Kane