AFC Fylde picked up a point on the road after being held to a 0-0 draw by Kidderminster Harriers at Aggborough.

Despite both sides having superb opportunities to alter the scoreline, both defences stood firm to ensure the points were shared under the lights.

James Rowe named an unchanged team for the trip to Kidderminster, as striker Danny Rowe continued to rack up the minutes on his way back to full fitness

The chances in the opening ten minutes fell the way of the hosts, who fancied their chances in the early stages. First, Nathan Lowe stepped inside and let fly from the edge of the area, which Danny Philliskirk blocked well with an outstretched leg.

Another opportunity for the home side beckoned when Yusifu Ceesay managed to turn Kyle Morrison and unleash a fierce effort towards goal, though Chris Neal was behind it well to gather.

As the minutes ticked on, the Coasters grew into the game and were gathering momentum through a lovely passing style of play, and when Walker managed to skip past his man and feed Haughton, the midfielder found Walker again, whose eventual effort was saved by Tom Palmer.

Danny Rowe was starting to cast an eye on goal, and after a brilliant switch of play from Haughton, Fylde’s number nine cut inside and attempted an effort from range that snuck wide of the post.

Shading the opening stages, James Rowe’s men managed to burst forward and put together another great passage of play, which resulted in Jordan Cranston finding Connor Barrett at the back post, who swung a boot at the ball and struck inches wide of the net.

Despite the Coasters having the better of the chances in the game, Kidderminster let the Coasters off the hook on two occasions.

First, Keziah Martin unleashed a thunderous effort towards the top corner, missing by centimetres before Ash Hemmings flicked Freemantle’s zipped cross over the bar from a few yards out.

Half-Time: Kidderminster Harriers 0-0 AFC Fylde

Kidderminster were the brighter of the two in the early minutes of the second 45, and that resulted in Ash Hemmings picking up a loose ball and turning on the edge of the box to force Neal into making a fingertip save.

Moments later, a free-kick into the Coasters’ penalty area was met by the head of Freemantle, who managed to flick towards the bottom left and make Neal work hard to gather into his chest.

Despite the Harriers’ pressure, the Coasters almost found the opener when Nick Haughton nearly crept a left-footed strike into the far corner of the net before Danny Rowe saw his follow-up cannon off the underside of the bar, but also the lineman’s flag for offside.

With a couple of minutes left on the clock, the Coasters went even closer to taking the lead when first, Nick Haughton drifted inside and laced an effort at goal, which went just over.

Then, Danny Philliskirk got the better of his man to flash a ball across the face of goal, but nobody was there to turn home at the back post after the ball took a slight deflection on its way through.

Full-Time: Kidderminster Harriers 0-0 AFC Fylde

Kidderminster Harriers: Palmer, Richards, Knight-Percival, Pearce, Lowe (57’ Brown), Hemmings, Ceesay, Foulkes, Martin, Freemantle (81’ Morgan-Smith), Byrne.

Unused Subs: Leak, Margetson, Rogers.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Whitmore, Morrison, Bird (46’ Conlan), Cranston, Barrett, Philliskirk, Weston, Haughton, Walker (78’ Hatfield), Rowe (74’ Rowley).

Unused Subs: Obi, Patten.