The Coasters bounced back from last week’s defeat at Mill Farm with a 3-0 away win against Gateshead FC thanks to goals from Nathan Shaw, Nick Haughton & Sam Osborne.

A quiet first half sprung into life when Shaw put the Coasters ahead from a superb Osborne cross before Nick Haughton scored his customary goal against Gateshead with a left-footed effort from the edge of the area.

Osborne turned from provider to goalscorer when he drove towards goal and ensured his persistence paid off, rippling the back of the net in the final few minutes of the game.

Jim Bentley made two changes to the side that were defeated last time out by Curzon Ashton, with Chris Neal and Luke Joyce replacing Bobby Jones, who dropped to the bench, and Ben Tollitt.

Although both sides started proceedings very brightly, there were very few chances for either team, other than Luke Conlan slicing an effort wide of Filip Marschall’s post from a Fylde corner.

Nathan Shaw, however, got the Coasters on the move and almost had them ahead after a mazy run from his own half saw him beat around five Gateshead players, produce a superb ball roll onto his left foot and shoot inches wide.

The game did see the ball in the back of the net just a few minutes before the break when Cedwyn Scott and Macaulay Langstaff linked up well for Scott to flick onto the latter to finish past Neal, though the linesman’s flag was raised for offside.

Half-Time: Gateshead FC 0-0 AFC Fylde

Gateshead were in the ascendency after the break, and that led to Scott nearly heading in from an Olley corner, but Luke Conlan managed to retreat and clear the ball off the line acrobatically.

Then without really creating much in the half, the Coasters found the opener. Substitute Sam Osborne beat his man out wide and crossed low and hard into the area, where Nathan Shaw was waiting to turn home.

Confidence was flowing, and it was clear to see when Haughton doubled the Coasters’ lead after picking the ball up 35 yards from goal, drove forward, switched onto his left foot and curled into the bottom corner.

The hosts still threatened through Langstaff after beating Stott for pace and fired towards the top corner, though Neal was equal to the effort and held well.

However, Fylde wrapped the game and three points up through Osborne in the 91st minute after he drove into space and towards goal, was first tackled, but regained possession and hit a left-footed shot into the back of the net.

Full-Time: Gateshead FC 0-3 AFC Fylde  

Gateshead: Marschall, Tinkler, Nicholson, Storey, Magnay, Hunter (46’ Charters), Bailey, Olley, Campbell (84’ Greenfield), Langstaff, Scott.

Unused subs: Williamson, Pani, Jacob.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Pike, Davis, Stott, Conlan, Joyce (65’ Slew), Philliskirk, Whitehead, Walker (65’ Osborne), Shaw, Haughton (91’ Perkins).

Subs: Jones, Obi.