The Coasters got back to winning ways on Tuesday evening, with a 2-1 win over Farsley Celtic in a hard-fought contest at The Citadel.

Luke Conlan got James Rowe’s men off to a flyer in the first 40 seconds of the game, tucking home Nick Haughton’s pass to the back post before Frank Mulhern’s penalty cancelled it out going into the break.

However, the points were sealed in the 73rd minute when a ball kept alive by Joe Rowley from a Kyle Morrison cross was volleyed home by Haughton.

James Rowe made five changes to his side from the defeat to Banbury United, with Harry Davis, Luke Conlan, Kyle Morrison, Keenan Patten & Sam Osborne coming in to replace Pierce Bird, Emeka Obi, Connor Barrett, Danny Whitehead, & Brad Holmes.

When people talk about perfect responses, the Coasters had the answer from the Banbury defeat when Luke Conlan put his side in front after just 40 seconds.

A long ball upfield was flicked on by Jordan Cranston into the path of Joe Rowley. He found Nick Haughton bursting through, who picked out Conlan to smash into the back of the net.

Fylde were looking comfortable, but after Jacob Gratton had a volley saved from the edge of the area, the hosts won a penalty after a challenge from Chris Neal. Frank Mulhern stepped up, sent Neal the wrong way and slotted in.

As the half-time whistle approached, Conlan was able to break and thread a through ball to Sam Osborne after Haughton won the ball back high up, but Osborne could only fire over from the edge of the six-yard box.

In a fixture that opened up more and more as the half went on, Jimmy Spencer this time attempted a speculative effort from the edge of the box, with Neal gathering as he backtracked.

With seconds to go, the game erupted inside a crowded penalty area after Max Dearnley bundled Rowley over before the game spilt over, with players from both sides piling in. The referee, in the end, brandished several cards in the process.

Half-Time: Farsley Celtic 1-1 AFC Fylde  

Early action in the second 45 saw Haughton flick a ball around the corner of Andy Butler to Osborne, who looked to Rowley arriving at the back post, though Dearnley came and claimed.

Despite a foul on Conlan in the build-up of a fast move from the Coasters, Osborne found space to hit a cross-shot effort across the face of goal, which almost found Rowley arriving and the bottom corner of the net.

Nick Haughton wanted to attempt a chance of his own by cutting and beating several players on the edge of the area, only to hit a tame left-footed effort into the arms of Dearnley.

Fylde were the side on the front foot, and that was made certain when Kyle Morrison whipped a terrific ball across the face of goal, which was kept alive by Rowley and Haughton was there to volley home and put the Coasters into the lead.

A few half chances for both sides brought nothing, and the Coasters took all three points back to the Fylde Coast.

Full-Time: Farsley Celtic 1-2 AFC Fylde   

Farsley Celtic: Dearnley, Turner, Butroid, Johnson (82’ Syers), Butler, Clayton, Gratton (78’ Scales), Atkinson, Spencer (57’ Hutchinson), Mulhern, Parkin.

Unused subs: Morgan, Malumo.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Whitmore, Morrison, Davis, Conlan, Cranston, Philliskirk, Patten, Rowley, Haughton, Osborne (83’ Whitehead).

Unused subs: Simkin, Obi, Bird, Holmes.