AFC Fylde earned a late point on their travels as they twice came from behind at the Deva Stadium against Chester FC.

George Glendon had the hosts ahead early in the second half with a strike into the top corner before Nick Haughton levelled after 70 minutes.

After David Perkins saw red with just over half an hour left to play, Darren Stephenson managed to sneak an effort under Bobby Jones to regain Chester’s lead.

With just a minute of normal time left to play, Ben Tollitt managed to salvage a point for Jim Bentley’s men with an arrowed strike into the bottom corner.

There were three changes to the Fylde side, with Jamie Stott, Danny Philliskirk, and Jordan Hulme coming in to replace Emeka Obi, Luke Joyce and Ethan Walker.

Chester were fast out the traps through Stephenson, who burst through the Coasters defence and looked to guide the ball in at Jones’ near post, but the Fylde shot-stopper was equal to it.

Moments after the Coasters won a corner, Nick Haughton floated the set-piece in and saw it bounce off the bar before George Glendon was denied by a superb save from Jones down the other end.

The Coasters were unlucky not to have a penalty after 14 minutes when Jordan Hulme was brought down inside the area by an outstretched leg – however, the referee pointed for a goal kick.

A quiet period in the game led to Hulme finding himself through on goal but was this time brought down by Louis Gray, though the referee waved away any Fylde protests, resulting in Jack Sampson receiving a yellow card.

Just before the break, Tollitt found just enough space to whip a teasing ball to Hulme at the back post, who headed just over the bar.

Half-Time: Chester FC 0-0 AFC Fylde

Moments after the restart, Sampson found time and space in the 18-yard box to turn and shoot. His effort was blocked, but Tollitt followed up on the rebound, to only be denied by Gray in the Chester goal.

Against the run of play, Chester took the lead. Darren Stephenson whipped a dangerous cross into the feet of George Glendon, who turned and finished into the top corner.

Things got worse for Fylde when Declan Weeks prevented the Coasters from getting play restarted, and as Perkins pushed Weeks away, the referee brandished a red card to the midfielder for his actions.

However, Jim Bentley’s men didn’t let it affect them when Tollitt crossed towards Haughton at the back post, who hooked the ball into the back of the net to equalise.

With ten minutes of play left, Stephenson put Chester ahead when he took aim from the edge of the box, and with Jones looking like he gathered the shot into his chest, the ball crept through his gloves, giving Chester the advantage again.

Another twist was yet to come, and it earned the Coasters a point, as Tollitt picked the ball out wide, drifted past his marker and unleashed a fierce strike into the bottom corner.

Full-Time: Chester FC 2-2 AFC Fylde

Chester FC: Gray, Roberts, Grand, Weeks, Hardy (85’ Livesey), Glendon ©, Dudley, Stephenson, Horsfield (81’ Morgan), Williams, Askew.

Unused subs: Smith, Cowan, Lacey.

AFC Fylde: Jones, Lloyd, Whitmore, Stott, Pike, Perkins, Philliskirk, Haughton (91’ Obi), Tollitt, Hulme (84’ Osborne), Sampson (66’ Walker).

Unused subs: Gregson, Robinson