The Coasters came away from the Tarmac Silverlands Stadium with a point after a 2-2 draw against Buxton in the National League North.

Nick Haughton got the Coasters off to the best possible start when he cut inside and let fly from 30 yards out, leaving Theo Richardson with no chance in the Buxton goal, as the ball cannoned off the underside of the bar, and in.

After a good opening spell for Fylde, Buxton managed to equalise after the 30-minutes when Max Conway’s cross was met by Tommy Elliott and headed into the bottom corner.

Murray’s side took the lead again in the second half through Siya Ligendza, who turned in from close range after Alex Whitmore kept a floated free-kick alive at the back post.

As the Coasters looked to have seen the game out, referee Matthew McQuillan gave Buxton a leg up and awarded them a penalty despite Joe Rowley being fouled. Diego Di Girolamo stepped up and levelled.

Adam Murray made six changes to the side that drew 0-0 away to Blyth Spartans last time out, with Jordan Cranston, Harry Davis, Dan Pike, Danny Whitehead, Siya Ligendza & Luke Charman replacing Emeka Obi, Luke Conlan, Connor Barrett, Will Hatfield, Dan Malone & Mo Faal.

The Coasters made a dream start to proceedings after an audacious effort from Haughton, where he picked the ball up and struck right-footed from 30 yards out, off the underside of the bar, and in.

Following Haughton’s goal, the game went a little quiet, with the Coasters putting some good passing combinations together to work an opening for their second of the night.

However, out of nowhere, and with their first real opportunity in the game after Brad Jackson’s half-chance was gathered by Chris Neal, the Bucks found an equaliser.

A cross in from the left by Conway evaded every white shirt inside the Coasters’ 18-yard box and was met by the rising Elliott at the back post, who headed into the bottom corner.

Half-Time: Buxton FC 1-1 AFC Fylde

Fylde came out and started brightly as they looked to claim all three points, and that presented Haughton with another chance on his left foot from the edge of the area, but this time, he fired over.

There wasn’t much to write home about in the second half so far, but there was one important bit of play in the 69th minute, and that was the Coasters taking the lead once again.

A free-kick floated to the back post was kept alive by Alex Whitmore and headed across goal for Ligendza to turn in from close range.

Down the other end, Scott Boden then received the ball on his back foot and managed to swivel on the penalty spot but hit a timid volley into the hands of Neal.

With ten minutes to go until the end of the 90, Jordan Cranston was allowed to step up to a free-kick on the right, which he struck sweetly but onto the roof of the net.

Adam Murray’s side had a chance to put the game to bed in the dying seconds when a mix-up in the Buxton defence left Danny Whitehead and Ligendza two-on-one, with Ligendza eventually taking over and attempting to lift over Richardson, who saved with an outstretched arm.

All was not done at the Tarmac Silverlands Stadium after Matthew McQuillan awarded a penalty for what seemed and should have been a Fylde free-kick. Di Girolamo then stepped up and converted from the spot.

Full-Time: Buxton FC 2-2 AFC Fylde    

Buxton FC: Richardson, Brown (67’ Poole), Conway (75’ De Girolamo), Granite, Kirby, Elliott, Clarke, Brisley, McCourt, Jackson, Ackroyd (69’ Boden).

Unused subs: Moult, Osborne.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Davis, Whitmore, Bird (70’ Rowley), Cranston, Pike (51’ Barrett), Philliskirk, Whitehead, Haughton (78′ Conlan), Ligendza, Charman.  

Unused Subs: Malone, Hatfield.