Connor Barrett’s second-half equaliser made sure the Coasters put a point on the board against Brackley Town after playing out a 1-1 draw at St James Park.

A quiet game in general, the scoring was only opened in the second half, just two minutes after the restart when Riccardo Calder smashed into the bottom corner from the edge of the area.

Almost a minute later, the Coasters replied instantly, bursting forward through Danny Whitehead, who picked Barrett out on the far side for the defender to take one touch and slot past Danny Lewis.

Andy Taylor made two changes from the 5-1 win over Congleton Town, with Luke Conlan & Curtis Weston returning to the starting line-up to replace Tom Walker & Will Hatfield.

The game didn’t start spectacularly, but the Coasters were getting on the ball and knocking it about, looking to create a clear-cut opportunity before Shep Murombedzi ballooned a free-kick over the bar from 30 yards out.

However, the first chance of the game came for the Coasters when Whitehead threaded a lovely ball through to Luke Conlan charging down the middle of the pitch, but Wes York retreated well to dispossess him.

There was then a moment of brilliance from captain, leader and defender Alex Whitmore when Jimmy Armson wriggled free inside the area to strike low towards the bottom corner, but Whits was there to clear off the line and prevent the game’s opening goal.

Minutes before the break, Brackley forced the Coasters into making another goal-line clearance, this time by Conlan as he managed to reverse swiftly and head away Gaz Dean’s close-range headed effort.

Half-Time: Brackley Town 0-0 AFC Fylde  

The start of the second half couldn’t have been further from the start of the first, with two goals being scored in the first five minutes of the second 45.

First, the hosts caught the Coasters napping, which allowed Riccardo Calder to line a strike up and fire into the bottom corner, leaving Chris Neal rooted to the spot.

Just one minute later, the Coasters replied instantly when Danny Whitehead managed to switch play via Danny Philliskirk to the right-sided defender, who took one touch and slotted past Danny Lewis to equalise.

However, the half turned out to be exactly like the first, and there were very few chances remaining in the game, but when a loose ball fell the way of Tom Walker, he could only slice powerfully wide before the referee sounded the full-time whistle and both sides shared the points.

Full-Time: Brackley Town 1-1 AFC Fylde   

Brackley Town: Lewis, Carline, Walker, Richards (83’ Woods), Cullinane-Richards, Dean, Calder, Murombedzi, Stead (83’ Lopes), Armson (67’ Flanagan), York.

Unused Subs: Putz, Yusuf.

AFC Fylde: Neal, Whitmore, Davis, Bird (58’ Walker), Conlan, Barrett, Weston, Philliskirk, Whitehead (77’ Rowe), Haughton, Rowley (68’ Ligendza).

Unused subs: Morrison, Hatfield.