AFC Fylde ran out comfortable 3-1 winners over AFC Telford United at Mill Farm as James Rowe’s side made it three wins from their last three National League North fixtures.

It was a blistering start to the game from Fylde, who raced out of the blocks quickly and took an early lead through Danny Rowe when Nick Haughton drove forward and slid the number nine in, where he made no mistake in front of goal and converted his first goal since returning to the Club.

A second was to follow soon, and it was Haughton who turned from provider to goalscorer after he took Tom Walker’s cross down nicely inside the area, dropped his shoulder and slotted into an open bottom corner before Byron Moore headed in to halve the deficit moments later.

Walker, who was an early creator for Haughton, rewarded himself for an impressive performance after he met Jordan Cranston’s inch-perfect cross to turn home and seal all three points.

There were two changes to the Fylde side that grabbed a 1-0 victory over Southport, with Kyle Morrison and Jordan Cranston coming in to replace Emeka Obi and Joe Rowley.

Following on from the Coasters’ Bank Holiday win over Southport, things got off to a dream start when Nick Haughton was allowed time and space to feed Rowe in on goal, who took one touch and fired under Luke Pilling for the opener.

Confidence was flowing through the Fylde side after the early goal, and that gave Haughton an opportunity in front of goal after an exchange of passes with Rowe, though his shot went inches wide of the post.

Searching for their first win since the opening day, Telford looked for an equaliser when Byron Moore attempted a spectacular overhead kick, which ended up looping off his boot and onto the roof of the net.

However, James Rowe’s men managed to double their lead when Jordan Cranston found Tom Walker down the left, who managed to keep the ball in superbly to cross into Haughton, and he dropped a shoulder to beat his man and slot into the bottom left corner.

The two-goal cushion didn’t last for long after a cross from the left beat every Fylde shirt in the area and found Moore free, who glanced a header calmly into the back of the net.

There was time for one last bit of action when former Coaster Brendon Daniels lined a free-kick up after Alex Whitmore was penalised for a foul 35 yards from goal, but he could only find the gloves of Neal.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 2-1 AFC Telford United

Straight after the interval, the Coasters came forward from the off, and that saw Connor Barrett switch play to Rowe, who eventually nodded into the path of Cranston, though he could only curl over the bar after cutting in on his right foot.

Telford were by no means out of the tie, and the most likely source of an equaliser was Daniels. He had another chance to find the back of the net from a dangerous free-kick situation but found Neal’s hands instead.

The Coasters were in clinical form, though, and when Cranston was set free by Rowe down the left, he flashed a dangerous ball across the face of goal where Walker was waiting to poke home.

Telford continued to create, and they almost pulled another one back when Brad Bood whipped a fierce cross into Nathan Blissett inside the six-yard box, but he could only head over from close range.

Full-Time: AFC Fylde 3-1 AFC Telford United

AFC Fylde: Neal, Morrison, Whitmore, Bird, Barrett, Cranston, Philliskirk, Weston (56’ Hatfield), Walker (72’ Rowley), Haughton, Rowe.

Unused Subs: Obi, Conlan, Patten.

AFC Telford United: Pilling, Burroughs, Piggott, Brown, Flowers, Bood, Daniels (75’ Allen), Ekpolo, Evans (75’ Baker), Green, Moore (84’ Blissett).

Unused Subs: Nolan, Carson.