Owen Evans’ late equaliser earned AFC Fylde a point in a 2-2 draw against Boreham Wood at Mill Farm.

Danny Whitehead’s goal from distance sent the Coasters into a 17th-minute lead before Angelo Balanta’s leveller seven minutes later.

Balanta scored his and Boreham Wood’s second of the clash on 72 minutes, but Evans intervened at the death to secure a share of the spoils.

Adam Murray made two changes from Saturday’s win at Southend United, with Connor Barrett and Luke Charman replacing Josh Kay and Nick Haughton.

The Coasters started brightly under the lights, as Connor Barrett’s attempt was charged down early on.

Minutes later, Theo Richardson was forced to punch Jack Payne’s improvised dinked effort from outside the box after Tom Whelan’s corner – with Fylde breaking up field at speed, but Barrett’s strike across goal from distance went past Nathan Ashmore’s bottom left-post.

Putting the pressure on, Gold Omotayo attacked a cross into the box, but he couldn’t direct it on target after Whitehead’s cross. 

Fylde led after 16 minutes when Whitehead’s right-footed shot went through a crowd of players to find Ashmore’s bottom right corner.

Cameron Coxe’s cross into the box was headed away for a throw-in by Sam Graham at the back post, a move which the visitors levelled from in the 24th minute.

Coxe’s resulting delivery found Tyrone Marsh who flicked for Balanta to turn in the box and curl left-footed beyond Richardson and into the bottom left corner.

The Coasters immediately went in search of restoring their advantage. Luke Charman picked out Barrett on the right, with his low drive saved well by Ashmore.

On the half-hour mark, Fylde survived a scare when Lee Ndlovu surged down the right, beating Emeka Obi before shooting from a tight angle across goal which went wide.

Towards the end of the half, Whitehead’s free-kick from a dangerous position on the left was hit with power, with Ashmore having to watch the dipping set-piece and tip over his crossbar.

A well-worked passing move involving Taelor O’Kane and Barrett teed up Omotayo, who hit right-footed over Ashmore’s upright.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 1-1 Boreham Wood

Early first-half opportunities for Fylde fell to Whitehead and Jon Ustabasi, who were both unable to test Ashmore, either side of Omotayo being unable to turn Charman’s cross goalwards.

Taelor O’Kane came to the Coasters’ rescue 11 minutes following the restart when he was in the right place at the right time to clear off the line after Ndlovu’s effort from Marsh’s cutback was destined for the back of Richardson’s net.

The Coasters’ wall did their job shortly after, defending Marsh’s free-kick from the edge of the box for a corner before Erico Sousa found space on the edge of the Coasters box, cut inside and clipped his right-footed shot off the base of Richardson’s right-post.

Substitutes Kay and Haughton almost combined for Fylde’s second. Josh drove forward with possession and played a pinpoint pass to the Coasters’ number 10, who aimed low at Ashmore’s near post, which the keeper spilt but retrieved the ball back into his grasp as Omotayo waited to pounce.

Fylde were behind with 18 minutes left to play when Femi Ilesanmi fizzed a cross into the box to slam past Richardson.

Boreham Wood threatened to add a third in the final eight minutes, seeing Tom Whelan’s free-kick hitting the crossbar.

Fylde levelled in dramatic circumstances in the closing minute of normal time when Kyron Gordon found himself in the Boreham Wood box. He crossed and Evans bundled an equaliser over the line to earn a point.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Gordon, Obi ©, Graham, Barrett (Haughton 64), Evans, O’Kane, Whitehead, Ustabasi (Ligendza 77), Charman (Kay 60), Omotayo

Subs not used: Conlan, Philliskirk

Boreham Wood: Ashmore, Coxe, Ilesanmi, Bush, Sass-Davies, Payne, Balanta, Whelan, Sousa (Stephens 90+1), Ndlovu, Marsh

Subs not used: Abayomi, Abraham, Owens, Griffiths