AFC Fylde’s National League North winning run came to an end following a 2-1 defeat to Chorley FC at Mill Farm.

Fylde got the scoring underway when a clever corner routine, led by Nick Haughton, caught the visitors knapping, with Siya Ligendza coming alive at the near post to turn and strike in from close range.

Just minutes later, Chorley had brushed off the shaky start to level when a loose ball was picked up by Connor Hall, who spotted Chris Neal off his line and curled in from distance.

Despite the Coasters pushing for a winner in the second half, Chorley took all three points home when Jon Ustabasi was left free to pick up a pass from midfield, drive at goal and slot under Neal at the near post.

Adam Murray made two changes to the side that bowed out of the FA Trophy, with Connor Barrett & Luke Charman coming in to replace Luke Burke & Keenan Patten, who both dropped to the bench.

The Coasters were fired up for this one from the off, and that resulted in the game’s first goal when Nick Haughton played it short to Siya Ligendza inside the 18-yard box, who turned his man and struck left-footed into the bottom corner.

However, the visitors were searching for an instant equaliser, which they found, after Hall picked up a loose ball and saw Chris Neal off his line to curl in from distance.

As the clash settled down following a frantic start, both sides were looking to take control of a hard-fought encounter, with Chorley coming forward through Adam Henley. He was left free at the back post to unleash a shot, but Neal was out quick to deny him with a strong leg.

Fylde were showing signs of progression in the final third and after exchanges between Barrett, Haughton & Philliskirk, Jordan Cranston was left with a chance to shoot from the left, but he eventually dragged his effort wide.

Ahead of the break, a clever free-kick routine straight off the training ground allowed Adam Blakeman to slide Hall in on goal, though Neal was out quick again to keep the scoreline level.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 1-1 Chorley FC

Adam Murray’s half-time team talk sparked a bit more life into the Coasters, which almost brought an early goal to the half after Connor Barrett flashed a zipping ball across the six-yard box for Ligendza, who couldn’t quite stretch a leg far enough to get a decisive touch.

Billy Whitehouse was to provide the Magpies with their first chance of the half when after running out of options ahead of him, he decided to pull the trigger and force Neal into a good save from a swerving effort.

The deciding goal of the game, however, fell the way of Chorley when Jon Ustabasi was played through to work space for himself to strike at goal, which found its way in as it skidded off the turf.

Full-Time: AFC Fylde 1-2 Chorley FC

AFC Fylde: Neal, Barrett, Obi, Whitmore, Bird, Cranston (80’ Rowley), Hatfield, Philliskirk, Haughton, Charman (68’ Faal), Ligendza.

Unused subs: Morrison, Burke, Patten.

Chorley FC: Urwin, Henley, Wilson, Leather, Nolan, Whitehouse, Calveley, Ustabasi, Shenton, Blakeman (50’ Smith), Hall (85’ Tomlinson).

Unused Subs: Johnson, Owens, Lloyd.