Danny Ormerod’s 12th minute goal secured a third win in four Vanarama National League games for AFC Fylde after they earned a 1-0 win over Bromley at Mill Farm on Saturday.

Ormerod’s decisive impact came early on, as the Coasters picked up an impressive triumph over the promotion hopefuls.

Head Coach Chris Beech made two changes from Tuesday’s draw with FC Halifax Town, as Ormerod and Tom Walker came into the starting line-up in place of Luke Charman and Max Conway.

The first chance of the game came within the opening four minutes when Michael Cheek looped his header from Joe Passey’s cross over Theo Richardson’s crossbar.

Minutes later, Nick Haughton found space to run into the box, though his strike was charged down.

Fylde were ahead with 12 minutes played after Danny Whitehead drove up field to find Ormerod following a swift breakaway, who struck his composed right-footed finish under Ravans goalkeeper Grant Smith.

Pushing for a second, Walker’s cross into the box was cleared before Joe Westley could pounce, and Ormerod struck narrowly wide of the bottom left-post from the edge of the box.

Ethan Mitchell then tried his luck from distance, as his right-footed curling strike bounced just beyond Smith’s right-post.

Andy Woodman’s side, who started the day second in the table, threatened after Olufela Olomola played through Louis Dennis, who stuck low in the box but saw his shot held well by Richardson.

Fylde went on the attack after Connor Barrett’s shot across goal from a tight angle on the right was pushed behind for a corner by Smith’s right glove.

From Whitehead’s resulting set-piece, Sam Graham headed off target at the back post.

In the final five minutes of the half, Jon Ustabasi weaved his way into a dangerous position on the left, however his side-footed shot was blocked by defender Callum Reynolds.

In added time, Reynolds’ last-ditch challenge thwarted Ustabasi who was clean through on goal.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 1-0 Bromley

Following the restart, Bromley man Alex Kirk threw himself in the way of Joe Westley’s header from Barrett’s cross, with Haughton hitting his first-time follow-up wide.

Up the other end, Richardson kept the Coasters in the lead after Olomola’s lofted cross field ball dropped to Cheek, who found Corey Whitely advancing on the right, but our number 25 stood up to save with his feet.

Buoyed by a positive start to the half, Westley won possession before embarking on a solo run towards goal, beating three Bromley players to shoot left-footed which was pushed away by Smith.

Fylde’s next opportunity saw Walker drive an effort over the crossbar from long-range after Smith had punched clear Whitehead’s corner.

On the hour, Passley’s deep cross to the back post where Bes Topalloj was waiting on half-volley, but Graham valiantly put his body on the line to make the block.

Beech’s first change of the contest came on 66 minutes, when Josh Kay replaced Walker.

With 20 minutes left, Richardson was called upon to make a big save as he superbly denied Whitely in the box, as the Coasters had to navigate pressure from the visitors.

Fylde had chances of their own late on. Firstly, Smith saved Ormerod’s header from Ustabasi’s cross.

Soon after, Fylde’s teenage strike force went close, with Ormerod’s shot in the box thumping the post, and Westley seeing the rebound kept out by Smith.

Bromley missed an opportunity to level with eight minutes left after Mitchel Bergkamp couldn’t keep his shot down following Olomola’s cross.

Beech made his second switch on 83 minutes, bringing on Kieran Glynn on in place of Haughton.

In six minutes of added time, a combination of Richardson and Mitchell ensured that substitute Kido Taylor-Hart’s mazy run and effort didn’t find the net.

After Joe Rowley came on for Westley in the closing moments, Fylde were able to see through until full-time to secure an important three points.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Barrett, Davis ©, Graham, Mitchell, Whitehead, Walker (Kay 66), Ustabasi, Haughton (Glynn 83), Ormerod, Westley (Rowley 90+4)

Subs not used: Neal, O’Kane