AFC Fylde were defeated 2-0 by Woking in the Vanarama National League on a wet and windy Saturday afternoon at Mill Farm.

Goals in both halves of the 90 from Padraig Amond and Lewis Walker proved decisive as the Coasters suffered a defeat at home.

Adam Murray, celebrating his 42nd birthday, named two changes from Tuesday night’s draw against Boreham Wood, with Luke Conlan and Josh Kay coming into the starting line-up to replace Owen Evans and Luke Charman.

Darren Sarll’s visitors had the first opportunity of the game, but Alfie Pavey’s header, after meeting Zac Bradshow’s cross from the left in the box, went over Theo Richardson’s crossbar.

Fylde threatened at goal inside the opening 10 minutes when Jon Ustabasi fired a low cross, which Omotayo controlled to tee up captain Josh Kay in the box, but he was unable to get his shot away.

Woking led after 13 minutes through Amond’s free-kick, which he curled right-footed over the wall and into Richardson’s top right-corner, despite the Coasters’ stopper’s best efforts.

Fylde had some defending to do. Firstly, Conlan threw himself in front of Jim Kellerman’s half-volley at the back post before the resulting corner was cleared off the line by a white shirt.

In first-half added time, Kay hung a cross into the Woking box from the right, but Will Jaaskelainen managed to punch the ball away from danger, with Omotayo waiting to pounce.

Minutes later, Richardson had to be alert and off his line quickly to thwart Dennon Lewis from a tight angle in the box after he charged down Sam Graham’s tame pass.

Richardson was called into action again, this time, he had to drop down to his left to keep Pavey’s low strike out.

Omotayo had the final opportunity of the half, though Jaaskelainen held his right-footed shot across the wet turf following a passing move involving Taelor O’Kane and Ustabasi.

Half-Time: AFC Fylde 0-1 Woking

Fylde started the half brightly, with Kay seeing his rising attempt from distance deflect out for a corner before his shot after a superb run, where he weaved past several Woking players, was saved by Jaaskelainen.

The Cardinals were two to the good after 51 minutes when a well-worked move involving Lewis and Bradshaw down the left enabled Walker to meet a cross in the box and direct his header past Richardson.

In the closing 20 minutes, Danny Whitehead’s cross from the right was glanced wide by Ustabasi.

Excellent build-up play from Haughton and Omotayo set Kay free on the right, with his first-time drive across goal beaten behind for a corner by Jaaskelainen.

The Coasters were later denied a penalty when Haughton, surging into the box, was clipped by Tunij Akinola, but referee Aaron Jackson waved away the protests.

Glynn then thumped a volley at goal, which was blocked by the Woking defenders in the box before Amond powered a header off the crossbar after the Coasters couldn’t clear a corner, as Woking aimed for a third before Richardson had to watch and hold Walker’s shot.

AFC Fylde: Richardson, Gordon, Obi (Whitmore 45) (Glynn 62), Graham, Conlan, Barrett (Haughton 33), O’Kane, Kay ©, Whitehead, Ustabasi, Omotayo

Unused Subs: Charman, Philliskirk

Woking FC: Jaaskelainen, Moss, Casey, Cuthbert, Bradshaw, Wilkinson, Akinola, Pavey (Walker 45), Lewis (Taylor 77), Kellerman, Amond

Unused Subs: Grego-Cox, Odusina, Harbergham