Vanarama Conference North side Worcester City pulled off a famous 2-1 win at Coventry City thanks to two goals from Sean Geddes. Coventry had keeper Lee Burge sent off for a foul on Daniel Nti before half time and Geddes converted the resulting penalty. Geddes steered the ball home from the edge of the box for number two before Sky Blues captain Reda Johnson pulled one back with ten minutes to go.

FC Halifax Town were narrowly beaten by West Yorkshire rivals Bradford City at The Shay infront of a crowd of over 8,000. Lois Maynard gave Halifax a second minute lead when he tapped in from a corner but two goals in three minutes from Jon Stead and Filipe Morais gave the Bantams a 2-1 victory. 

Braintree Town were hammered 6-0 at home to Chesterfield, with Eoin Doyle grabbing two goals. Blyth Spartans thrashed Conference Premier side Altrincham 4-1 whilst Gosport Borough were on the wrong side of a nine goal thriller, losing 6-3 to League One side Colchester United. 

Forest Green Rovers lost 2-0 at home to Scunthorpe United with Gary McSheffrey scoring both goals for the Iron. Norton United failed to cause an upset as a Rob Ramshaw hat-trick saw Gateshead comfortably through 4-0, whilst Maidstone United got a highly credible draw at Stevenage.

The home of the Army met the home of the Navy as Portsmouth and Aldershot met at Fratton Park. The game ended two apiece with Danny Hollands grabbing a late equaliser for Pompey. Wrexham progressed comfortably with a 3-0 home win over divisional rivals Woking.

Dover earned a fantastic win over League Two side Morecambe, Stefan Payne’s goal just before half time doing the damage. Runaway Conference Premier leaders Barnet led after just 2 minutes against League Two leaders Wycombe Wanderers before eventually losing out 3-1, Basingstoke Town and Telford played out a 1-1 draw and Hemel Hempstead briefly led League Two Bury but ended up losing 3-1. 

Bromley and Dartford played out an epic seven goal thriller with the visitors progressing. Tom Bradbrook’s header nine minutes from time sent Dartford into the second round for the first time in 30 years. Conference Premier side Southport earnt a replay with League Two Dagenham and Redbridge after a tight 0-0 draw in Essex. Eastleigh saw off fellow Conference Premier side Lincoln City 2-1 at Ten Acres whilst East Thurrock United went down bravely 2-0 to Hartlepool United.

Warrington Town caused the shock of the FA Cup First Round after holding on to beat League Two side Exeter City at Cantilever Park. Craig Robinson’s header after 7 minutes was enough to give the team from the eighth tier of English football a famous victory and a healthy sum of £18,000 in prize money. 

James Roberts scored twice as Oxford City saw off non league Grimsby Town 3-1 at Blundell Park whilst Max Power’s penalty sent Bristol Rovers out of the competition after losing at Tranmere Rovers. Finally, Craig Mahon scored the winner for Chester away at Southend United.