AFC Fylde Head Coach Chris Beech gave an honest assessment after his side were held to a 2-2 draw by FC Halifax Town on Tuesday night at Mill Farm.

Despite going two to the good at half-time through Luke Charman and Nick Haughton, the Coasters were pegged back late on.

And after full-time, Beech gave his post-match thoughts to the club’s official website.

Beech said: “You feel in our camp a little bit grieved in how we approached it, with the dominant ascendancy that we had, and that does need addressing, there’s no opponent that will settle for that. Our goals were great goals, Halifax’s second goal was a great goal, but I’m really pleased with our players adapting to many things and then to play like that, the last three home games were electric and I’m very proud of that.

“I’m very pleased with the way that the players can see a different way, and want to follow and live that, we often create more chances than our opponents so it’s a great way of playing football, it’s exciting and fast, but what we have to do is make more of our chances.

“So much effort went into that energy and that performance, the players couldn’t give anymore, and it represents more consistency and we’ve got to keep believing in that and I’m trying to teach that.

“The lads were great but it’s important that we stick together, credit to Halifax for fighting back and I wouldn’t expect anything less from a team that Chris (Millington) manages, but we’ll have to take that on the chin, we know we were stronger but there’s stuff in that game that we could have been better at, and the players know that.

“I thought that Joe (Westley) and Ethan (Mitchell) did well on their debuts, we’ve also git young Danny (Ormerod) at 17 and Taelor (O’Kane), so we feel that we can develop these players.

“Halifax were a stern test so for us to score four goals in two games against a side who are excellent with an excellent manager, I wouldn’t underestimate their consistency and we have to take the positives into Bromley.”

Beech praised everyone involved at the club for getting the game ahead following adverse weather conditions.

He added: “Credit to both sets of lads, the fans, and to the groundsman and everyone associated with AFC Fylde to get the game on, despite that downpour that we had.”