Good or bad, bad or good, sad or happy, eventful on or off the pitch, we want to hear about a day you followed AFC Fylde, and why it stands out.


We begin this feature with Jack Connor, a face and a voice regularly known to fans of the club, who has picked ‘that trip’ to Boston United as his day to remember.
In Jack’s own words:
Over the course of my six years working as part of the media team at AFC Fylde and the 12+ years of watching the club play, I have got many different memories of the club, both happy and sad. For this feature however there was only one match I was going to talk about. That famous afternoon in Boston in April 2017.
It was the penultimate game of the 2016-17 Conference North season, one that AFC Fylde had spent at the top of the table almost since the very first game. The scenario was simple, win at mid table Boston United (a side Fylde had put 9 past the previous November at Mill Farm) and the title was ours. Lose or draw and it opened the door for Kidderminster and it would be a nervy final day at home to Worcester. I’d convinced my dad to come to his first away game with Fylde and we set off at around 9am for the 3 hour drive down to Lincolnshire. 
The journey itself was pretty uneventful so we had plenty of time to kill. A couple of pints in the local pub and a chippy lunch next to the ground sorted that out, although we did get a few funny looks for being the only people in both places with Fylde shirts on. We got into the ground, made our way up the stairs to the away end and met the many other travelling Fylde fans, fully kitted out in a variety of different fancy dress ideas. The 1-1-8 guys, the knights of Saint George, the Blues Brothers. You name it there was almost certainly someone that had come as that.
The game kicked off at quite a steady pace and only really got going once Brendon Daniels was clumsily brought down in the box five minutes before the break. The ever dependable Danny Rowe tucked the ball home into the bottom right corner to put us on the brink.
Another goal from Rowey just after the break all but confirmed the title and Matty Hughes’ strike 15 minutes from time was the icing on the cake. After what felt like seven years rather than seven minutes of extra time the referee blew his whistle and it was finally confirmed. We were champions!
The first feeling I had was pure relief, the disappointment of missing out via the play-offs the previous 2 years was put to bed and I spent almost the entire car journey home looking ahead to all of the new away days that would be coming up in the National League. I passed on the celebrations at Bradley’s afterwards, preferring to put my feet up with a takeaway and a few Kopparbergs and to relax and reflect on what was the best season I’ve had following the Coasters. It really was a top day.