The club is looking to recruit its first Fan Engagement & Ticketing Officer.
You will be the ‘face of the club’ in relation to the main fan-facing responsibilities of the day to day running of the football club; ticketing, membership and club shop.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- To develop and build the clubs fanbase at all levels.
- Ensure that the ticketing and membership websites are up to date at all times.
- Work closely with the Commercial and Media teams to ensure that products and services are advertised and positioned correctly.
- Develop a working group with key supporters to share ideas.
- Arrange supporter focused events as and when required.
- Bi-monthly fans’ Forum.
- Annual season ticket Launch Event.
- Player of the Year Awards.
- Establish and build young supporters clubs – ‘Fans of the Future’.
- “Mini Coasters” – Aged 7-11.
- “Junior Coasters” – Aged 12-16.
- Increase attendance and awareness of Fylde Ladies.
- Work closely with AFC Fylde Community Foundation to interface with local schools ensuring that we have a ‘team of the week’ every week.
- Manage and develop the Ex-Players’ club.
- Provide supporters with a friendly, courteous and efficient service.
- Set up and manage the ticketing system for all games and other events when requested.
- Responsible for the optimisation of sales of all matchday and season tickets.
- Reconcile ticket orders for online, phone and match day payments resolving any discrepancies immediately.
- Be responsible for managing all away travel for supporters.
- Co-ordinate bookings, book coaches, negotiate rates.
- Help find an ‘away travel sponsor’ each season.
- Be totally responsible for the management of the Membership Program.
- Work closely with supporters to ensure that their membership remains relevant and current.
- Make sure all that Membership Cards are delivered to the customer in a timely manner.
AFC Fylde Club Shop
- Help manage the club shop on a day to day basis.
- Ensure stock control procedures are followed.
- Help reconcile shop till on a daily basis and correct any discrepancies that arise.
- Manage a small team of part-time assistants on match day.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience in management in a similar operation.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Track record of developing ideas from creation to fruition.
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices.
- Good accounting, cost control & administrative procedure.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year